In response to an increasing number of understandable queries around the 2021 club cricket season, this note is just to advise everyone that we are awaiting both Governmental (via Sport Ireland) and NGB (Cricket Ireland) guidance on how and when to mobilise our club cricket programme.
All competition committees (Open, Women's & Youth) have been working tirelessly to ensure that all competitions are ready to go once we get the 'green light' and equally all committees have designed the season to allow maximum flexibility depending on what is mandated in terms of format and approach.
Everyone will be aware (from last season) that all safety protocols are already in place for both training and playing cricket so no such delays should occur this time around - we can get started once we are permitted to do so by the relevant authorities.
Equally, as a sport, we demonstrated last year that we are prudent in our collective approach to safety which was confirmed by the lack of adverse Covid-19 incidents during the abbreviated 2020 season - this also bodes well for the 2021 season.
We are hugely encouraged by the level of player registrations to-date with most people confident that we will achieve a meaningful 2021 season.
In the meantime, as always, we encourage all members of the cricket community to stay safe and continue to observe the health advice.
We will advise further as soon as we hear something more definitive and we can all then take things from there.