Cricket Ireland have been reviewed their coaching courses and released new courses as of last April. Coaching Kids (Age 5-11) Course is one of the two new courses. This replaces the Welcome to Coaching (6 hour) course. The second of the new courses is the Coaching Cricket Course, which fills the gap before the Level 2. For more on these courses see the below links:
This years confirmed dates are as follows:
- October 13th 2019– Coaching Kids (Age 5-11) Course [1-day course] SOLD OUT
- October 19th & 20th 2019– Coaching Cricket Course [2-day course] SOLD OUT
Both courses took place in Castleknock College, Dublin 15. We hope to hold more course before and after Christmas. We will contact all those that register interest for the courses when course details are all confirmed. In the meantime please register interest here if you haven't done so already.
Please see Page 8 of the Cricket Ireland Coaching Strategic Plan for more information on Cricket Ireland Course and how they fit together: CLICK HERE.
In addition, Cricket Leinster now run the following certified courses. They can be organised through your local Development Officer for your area (CLICK HERE to find out who they are).
- Welcome to Cricket Course (3 hours)
- Table Cricket Leaders Course (2 hours)
- TY Coach Education Course (3 hours)
- Teach Coach Education Course (3 hours)
- Non-certified Teacher Coach Education Course (1 hour)
Cricket Ireland Level 2:
This course is now CLOSED for applications as of September 15th. This course is run annually by Cricket Ireland as a national course in a central location. This year it is in Belfast, last year it was in The King's Hospital in Palmerstown Dublin. It will rotate around the country each year. The next course will be run in October/November 2020 with applications for it open in August/September 2020.
For more information about any coaching courses or any queries not answered in this section please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Garda Vetting: Who Needs to be Vetted
A: Any person who is carrying out work or activity, a necessary and regular part of which consists mainly of the person having access to, or contact with, children or vulnerable adults.
What this means is that anyone in your club who has regular and ongoing contact with children and therefore the opportunity to build up a relationship of trust with a child must be vetted. Top of this group are the coaches and assistant coaches, but also your club children’s officer, designated person, youth team managers and the captains of adult teams on which underage children regularly play. Ongoing and regular is not defined in the Act but the Cricket Ireland Child Safeguarding Manual has defined it as once a week or more, four times a month or more and overnight.
Q: How do I join the Leinster Coaches Association?
A: To become a member of the LeinsterCA you must become a Cricket Ireland Coaches Association (CICA) member. This is €45 for 2019 (this includes a €1 processing fee) and will give you insurance as well as discounts to some events/courses. For more information on how to join, and the other benefits, please go to the Get Involved section on the Cricket Ireland website: http://www.cricketireland.ie/get-involved/coaching/CICA.
Q: I have formed a Ltd company for my coaching activities. Is the company insured under the Cricket Ireland Coaches' Association scheme?
A: No, companies cannot join Cricket Ireland Coaches' Association Scheme therefore the insurance package will not apply.
Q: I sometimes have parents and other club members assisting me with coaching. Are they covered under my insurance?
A: No, cover is only extended to coaches who are members of the Cricket Ireland Coaches' Association.
Q: What am I Insured for when I am a member of the LeinsterCA?
A: You are insured for a wide range of cover, including the following:
- Third party bodily injury or property damage arising from their activities as a coach up to a limit of liability €11,700,000;
- Third party financial loss as a result of wrongful (coaching) advice up to a limit of liability of €5,850,000;
- Accidental death or permanent total disablement, plus loss of limb, hearing etc. as per the schedule of benefits, as a result of an incident that occurs whilst coaching, preparing for coaching, or travelling to and from the place of coaching, for a benefit of €29,250; and
- Loss of wages whilst temporarily totally disabled up to a limit of €117 per week for 52 weeks. Benefit is payable after the first 14 days of injury.
Q: What do I do if I receive a solicitor's letter alleging that I was responsible for an injury caused during a coaching session?
A: Forward the letter without delay to Aston Scott Ltd. The letter must not be answered and it is advisable to ring first to confirm that the letter is on its way. Contact details can be found on: http://www.astonscott.com/contact-us .
Q: What do I do if someone is injured during a coaching session?
A: Report the matter to Aston Scott Ltd immediately who will send you an accident report form to complete. Contact details can be found on their website at http://www.astonscott.com/contact-us
Q: When I join the Cricket Ireland Coaches' Association at what stage is my insurance effective?
A: When your application together with payment is received by Cricket Ireland.
Q: What benefits do I get, other than insurance, with my CICA Membership?
- 20% discount on any O’Neills CICA clothing or equipment
- 20% discount on tickets to International cricket matches in Ireland
- 15% discount on CICA conference and workshop fees
Q: What do I need to apply for CICA Insurance?
A: To ensure your CI Coaching Insurance is valid and that you are covered you must:
- Hold a current Police Check (Access NI/Garda Vetting/CRB) that must be valid prior to joining and you must have been cleared to work with children; and
- Have completed a Cricket Ireland coaching course (e.g. Welcome to Coaching, prior to 2019; Coaching Kids 5-11 years or Coaching Cricket, 2019 onwards), an ICC ‘Introduction to Cricket’ Course, or hold any qualification from ECB Level One (or equivalent) and above.