The Cricket Leinster Cricket Committee met recently and the following is a summary of the meeting:
- The Cricket Committee noted the highly successful Season Launch event in Clontarf Castle - attended by over 120 people.
-The appointment of Isobel Joyce as Women’s & Girls Development Officer was noted with universal approval - Isobel will join Cricket Leinster on 1st May 2019.
- The Cricket Committee discussed umpiring in OCC leagues and agreed that more help is required from clubs in the provisions of umpires to support the club game.
- There was an update from a recent meeting with Cricket Ireland in relation to marketing and logistics for the season to come. Cricket Leinster will have further announcements in due course on this topic.
- It was noted that 33 clubs have received Safeguarding 3 (Designated Liaison Person) training in recent weeks with further Safeguarding training for Children's Officers scheduled over the coming weeks - the committee records its thanks to Jim Bennett for his tireless efforts and expertise in this area.
- A proposal on Open Competition League structures for 2020 and beyond was discussed and agreed - a communication/briefing document is to be prepared for all clubs.
- The Cricket Committee noted the decision of the Board to implement an Independent Review of the Cricket Leinster Disciplinary Processes.
- The upcoming Coaching Courses were noted and it was agreed that Coach Development and supports to the Coaching Association were essential and would be continued and expanded over the coming season.
- The next Cricket Committee meeting was provisionally set for Tuesday 16th April 2019.