Club Day 2018: Register NOW!
With just one month to go to the 2018 Cricket Leinster Club Day, it is time to register to confirm your attendance, This year’s Club Day is being held on Sunday 4th November at the Green Isle Hotel Clondalkin with a 9.30am start and you can register now by clicking on this link - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cricket-leinster-club-day-2018-tickets-50830124270
The event is crucial to the continued development and success of our clubs and the sport in Leinster. At last year's 2017 Club Day, we had participants from 40 of our 42 clubs and we would like to ensure 100% representation from all of our clubs this year.
Attendance is completely FREE for all - but to assist with our planning for the hosting the event and catering, we would ask that everyone planning to attend the 2018 Club Day would register now here on EventBrite so we can collate numbers.
Everyone in our community is welcome to attend (including players, officials, club committee members, umpires, scorers, volunteers of any kind). With the fantastic weather we were blessed with this summer, the 2018 season was generally a very successful and memorable one. However there are a number of ongoing challenges which we are acutely aware of, and we wish to discuss these issues and more with the key stakeholders in our clubs at the Club Day this year.
We will have a strong focus on many areas that affect cricket clubs across Leinster, and how we can work together to build stronger, sustainable cricket clubs right across the whole province.
To help provide a vision for the sport in the coming years and allow us to support our clubs as best possible, we will also be launching the Cricket Leinster Strategy 2019-2021 at the Club Day.
Over the coming weeks, the finalised agenda and speakers will be confirmed and announced although we have already identified some of the core subject areas for discussion on the day.
The outline of the areas of focus for the 2018 Club Day are as follows;
- Cricket Leinster Strategy 2019 - 2021: For discussion, input and launch, the 3 year strategy to guide Cricket in Leinster with a vision supporting our clubs.
- Open Competitions Cricket Structures: Focus on i) the league/cup structures for 2019 season and ii) the vision for all league/cup structures from 2020 onward
- Women’s Cricket: Review of 2018 and plans for 2019
- Keynote Speaker: after the success of having Niall Cooper from Dublin GAA last year, we have another voice from an external sport to share ideas for the growth and development of cricket
- Development Programme and growing the sport: The Cricket Leinster Development programme, structures, staff and the successes and challenges we have as a sport and how we can support our clubs further through the development programme
- Child Safeguarding & Diversity:
Importance of child safeguarding, protection and making cricket safe and open for all.
- Cricket Leinster Centenary 2019: The 100th anniversary of CL and the plans for next year.