Cricket Leinster Club eMail Accounts
In future all official communications to clubs from the LCU will be through this the new @cricketleinster.ie domain address. This hopefully will significantly reduce the risk of important notices being delayed or not being received because personnel [and e/mail addresses] have changed within clubs and have not been updated. It will also provide Secretaries of Clubs who use personal e/mail addresses with an additional layer of anonymity and will allow for cover in the event that the Secretary does not have access to e/mails for a time.
For clubs there are two ways in which this can work. The simplest is to use the new address for receiving e/mails only. This is the default setting and will allow e/mails to be auto-forwarded to the main existing e/mail address used by the club [usually the Club Secretary]. Clubs who are happy with the above arrangements don’t need to do anything until such time as they want to change their own e/mail address. If clubs wish to add additional addresses to forward mail to this can also be done.
Clubs who would like to use the new address both to receive and send mail from the @cricketleinster.ie address can set up an account on their PC, Mac, ipad, iphone etc. or can access their account through internet webmail. Further details of how all this works is enclosed.
There is no extra cost to clubs in setting up the new arrangements.
Cricket Leinster Club Email Accounts
All clubs in Leinster can now be contacted by using the following email protocol:
Setting up your Club email account
Your new email account is already configured . You have a choice of using the account in two ways:
- Use email to receive emails only. We simply set up the email to auto-forward to the address supplied to us by LCU.
- Use email to receive AND send emails. This allows you to use the full account for sending and receiving.
1. Use email to receive emails only
- · This option sets up your account so that all emails received at
[club name] @cricketleinster.ie will automatically be delivered to the address supplied to us by LCU.
- · However, when you reply to these emails, they will show your own email as the sender, and not [club name]@cricketleinster.ie.
- · If you are happy with this option, then there is nothing else you need to do. The remainder of this document is not relevant to you.
2. Use email to receive AND send emails
- · This option allows you to use your new email account for sending and receiving emails. To do this, the account needs to be set up (just like any other email account) on your pc, mac, ipad, iphone, etc.
- · Once set up, you will be able to send mail and the recipient will see [club name]@cricketleinster.ie in the from address.
- · To get started with this account, you need to do the following:
- Open your mail client on your PC or Mac, or launch the email app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Choose the option to create a new email account. On a Mac, this is usually under Mail > Preferences. In Outlook on a PC, this is usually under Tools > Accounts. On an ipad/iphone, this is under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. There are other email clients too which will have different options.
- You will need to go through the setup process, which changes depending on the device and/or email client being used but they will all ask for the following information, in one form or another. When asked for the information, please use the information supplied below:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Email Address: [your club name]@cricketleinster.ie e.g. email@example.com
- Username: [your club name]@cricketleinster.ie e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name: [Your club name] e.g. “Clontarf Cricket Club”
- Password: (as advised)
- Incoming Mail Server: atmail.webtogether.ie
- Incoming Mail Security: Password, use SSL (please verify any security certificates)
- Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server: atmail.webtogether.ie
- Outgoing Authentication: use same settings as incoming
- Outgoing Mail Security: Password, use SSL (please verify any security certificates)
- Note: If you experience issues with sending/receiving, you can change your incoming/outgoing mail security to Password, without SSL.
There will be a welcome email in your account so once you connect, it will download it to your computer. You can send a test mail to email@example.com to test outgoing mail settings and we will reply with a confirmation.
- Autoforward – Even if you set up your email account as per option 2 above, you will still receive the autoforwarded emails as per option 1. This may be a nuisance in which case, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can turn that off.
- Webmail Access - If you would prefer to access your mails using our webmail service, you can do this by visiting http://atmail.webtogether.ie/mail/. Here you can login with the username and password above. You can make use of accessing your emails on the go, as well as the accompanying calendar and address book.
- Changing password - If you wish to change your password for this account, you can do so by logging into the webmail interface above and then selecting Settings > Change Password.
- Spam protection - You can also control spam protection levels and specific email filter rules within the webmail interface.
- Smartphones/tablets - When setting up your email account on a smartphone or tablet such as an iPhone/iPad, Mail will ask you to verify the validity of the server as it attempts to connect over SSL (a secure connection). Please accept this to ensure a smooth connection.
If you have any trouble during the set up, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com